Rooftops: Lostprophets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpmVAIkDnY8

Sunday, January 28, 2007

A year ago today....

I was stepping on to Australian soil for the first time. I was in Melbourne, Victoria air-port for the first time. I was confused and tired. I was surrounded by people I didn't know. I was embarrassed in kisses and hugs from people who didn't know me. I was in a strange place with strange people. I was beyond hipper. I had so many feeling and emotions, that I thought I'd explode! :) I was amazed by everything! I had major jet lag. I was bouncing on my bed. I was thinking these were the sweetest people I had ever met.

A LOT of things have changed sense then, and a lot of the weirdness and strangeness has warn off- but one thing will always say the same, and that is how much i love these people and how amazing and sweet they are! I love them so much, and my love grows for these people every minute longer I'm with them! And to everone who said (before we left the states) that the time would fly (yes, all yous who i got SO annoyed with)- You were so right! The time has flown by, but its also seemed like we've been here forever, in one sence! But i'm learning to enjoy and love life as it comes, and not to long for the future or dwell on the past. And to quote my bro Zachary-"Everything is not good, but God is, and it's gunna be, so I'm going Great." :-)



[The mission team, some of my church family, and my family at Surrento back beach.]

P.S. Happy birthday to Ben (well yesterday)- He finally turned 11! :) Ok well i guess he's 12, but sense he skipped his birthday last year, I don't think he should be aloud to be a year older. Oh well, Happy birthday lil bro.


Verse of the post: 2Th 2:16-17 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

"I don't want to miss a thing"- Aerosmith (thanks to Tricia for this song)

5 comments:

BamFam said...

Happy one year! We have enjoyed having other yanks around :-) I pray that this year is as good as the last one! Cheers,
Meg

BamFam said...

p.s. I don't know why Brandon changed our name to Mr. Poop seems a little strange, don't you think? :-)

Maria JoAnn said...

Happy one year! It has been a wonderful year! I thank God for this wonderful church family that he has placed us in. I think you and I were both just about going crazy that first day here. :P

Charity said...

I am feeling VERY uncreative at this time, so I'll just say...uh...I read your post.

and I commented below.

and I'm going to see you in like 30 seconds.

and....yer cool. :D

Tamara Rose said...

Mr. Poop. :) B is such an odd guy :-P But he's also pretty cool. Is is strange though. Thanks, and ditto for you guys.

MJ, thanks, its been a happy and sad 1 year, but over all its been GRAND! and yes we were more then crazy the first day here! 'Twas so much fun!

C,.... :o)