Rooftops: Lostprophets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpmVAIkDnY8

Monday, January 01, 2007

Thanking God for each breath

As I think of the new year ahead of me, I have think Him for the year past, and how amazing He has been and how gracious, Almighty, and sovereign He has been to me and my family. I shouldn't just thank God for that at the end of the year and the beginning of a new one, but i should every day, every breath I take should remind me to thank Him for being my God and giving me strength. But most of the time its not till after something really good happens that i thank Him. But the truth is He gives me EVERYTHING I've ever had or have now. And I should thank Him for the straggles and the good times. Not just the good times. Well just some random thoughts of mine. :)

We spend New years eve Lunch with Friends of ours from Kahoonah (sp)- John Taylor and his wife and two adorable kids. Mr. & Mrs. De Jong and there song Peter- and with Graeme and Alison Heart. The Hearts spent the night (Graeme preached in McKinnon) and we stayed up till the new year with them. It was really great spending it with them. Today we spend the day at sorrento beach with Jono and Lou Blakston, The Glover's, The lumleys, Ralph Blakston, and the Stuarts. It was a great day. Almost perfect..... but we were missing two very special people. But I still had a great time.

So I could make a list of How good God has been to me this past year, but that would take way to long! So I'll just say a couple of things I'm very thankful for that's happened this past year.

1. That I moved to Australia
2. That I had my family all together with me for Christmas
3. That God showed me how be content.
4. That God will never give up on me or fail me.

Well that's 4 of about a 2000 # list. But last year-2006- was.... the best and worst year of my life. The saddest and happiest year. Full of lots of hello's and many goodbyes... to many Goodbyes. I've felt overflowing Love for my new family in Christ, but also so much heartache for the one I left back home. Not being able to deside whats home and whats not. Having to go though all that heartach that comes with having two homes, but also feeling so much love in each home. Its been full of so many ups and downs, its like a roller coaster. But Gods always been there watching over and never left. With him I'll never surrender even when life gets tough.
So this year, instead of making new years resolutions, I'm going to try and live my life with Christ shining though me and thanking God for each breath.

So happy new years everyone and May God bless each one of you in this new year He has given' to us.

Psamls 150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.

Song: "white Flag"-by Dido

2 comments:

Nathan said...

It was nice to see your brothers back. Well, Zach at least. Allen's a pest...

The intro to this song sounds like the LOTR soundtrack.

Anonymous said...

:-)Allen's not a pest. But i'm glad you welcomed them back. You better be nice to them. :) They are cool Australicans now.

Hmm.... the intro does kinda sound like that. 'Tis a good song.