Rooftops: Lostprophets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpmVAIkDnY8

Sunday, December 10, 2006

This ain't the Christmas I know.....

It's supposed to be snowing. We are supposed to be getting our warm clothes out. We are supposed to be making snow angels, making hot chocolate to warm us when we come inside with clod hands and noces. We are supposed to be sitting 'round the fire. Thats my Christmas is supposed to be.

We aren't suppose to be waiting for rain 'cuz its so hot and dry, our summer clothes aren't supposed to come out for another 6 months. We aren't supposed to be laying out in the sand, drinking ice cold lemonade to cool us down we we come inside from the blazing sun. We aren't suppose to be sitting around a pool! This isn't my christmas, its not the way its supposed to be...

I miss waking up, looking outside and seeing how calm and white everything is. The first snow, getting all excited, getting my snow suit on and running outside and loving that first mouthfull of snow.

We should NOT be waiting for the first warm day, getting our bathers on, then running down the ocean, and getting our first splash in the face of salt water.

The days are suppposed to be getting shorter and colder, not longer and warmer. Where are the coats and scarves? Not shorts and flip-flops. Where has my Christmas gone..... But I guess Christmas really isn't about all taht, maybe I should focas more on Jesus's birth, and less on the seasons. It really isn't
that big of a deal weather we have sand or snow under our feet.
Christmas (in my eyes at least) is a day to be with our family and friends and celabrate Christ's birth. And maybe, even though I miss my white Christmas, I should try harder to see what their Christmas season is all about. See it there Their eyes.

A Christmas on the beach won't
really compair with a white christmas, but maybe, just maybe if I give it a chance, I might even like it. :) Besides I've got my 5 siblings with me and my parents. Can't ask for much more. :) Plus I've got all my new Ossie friends. Don't get my wrong, I miss all you guys like crazy, and miss my white Christmas, but I love my new second home and I'm willing to give this Christmas a chance.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice writing....what a change huh? Well it's been weird weather here, not THAT drastically different, but...it's been strangly warm most of this season, today it 15 degrees above average. Well, make the most of the warmth, it sounds nice to me, get a nice tan and enjoy the swimming!!!
Love ya and miss you!
Danielle:)

Charity said...

ok so I didn't actually read much of this BECAUSE you already read it to me...rememeber?

so instead I will offer you this, which is actually pretty adorable: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m217/zblackwo/gor/img_9457.jpg

Matt G. said, "awww two blue midgets!" hehehe.

okay, this whole signing in with your google account thing is really messing me up. I have too many passwords!!!!! (okay, only like three, but still :-P)

Charity said...

oops! try this: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m217/zblackwo/gor/img_9457.jpg

hope it works better this time.

Charity said...

uggghh nvm. its the pic on Z's website of me and you sitting on the wall...ya know? at the 12 apostles...yeah. ok. enough comments. I could've just saved time by going inside and bringing you out to see it!!

Maria JoAnn said...

yeah, it is a little strange. It smells like christmas inside our house espescially when mum is making cookies, but it doesn't outside. It sure doesn't fell like christmas, and none of our extended family is here :(